The IDT octal bidirectional transceivers are built using an advanced dual metal CMOS technology. The IDT54/74FCT245/A/C, IDT54/74FCT640/A/C and IDT54/74FCT645/A/C are designed for asynchronous two-way communication between data buses. The transmit/receive (T/R) input determines the direction of data flow through the bidirectional transceiver. Transmit (active HIGH) enables data from A ports to B ports, and receive (active LOW) from B ports to A ports. The output enable (OE) input, when HIGH, disables both A and B ports by placing them in High-Z condition.
The IDT54/74FCT245/A/C and IDT54/74FCT645/A/C transceivers have non-inverting outputs. The IDT54/74FCT640/A/C has inverting outputs.
• IDT54/74FCT245/640/645 equivalent to FAST™ speed and drive
• IDT54/74FCT245A/640A/645A 25% faster than FAST
• IDT54/74FCT245C/640C/645C 40% faster than FAST
• TTL input and output level compatible
• CMOS output level compatible
• IOL = 64mA (commercial) and 48mA (military)
• Input current levels only 5µA max.
• CMOS power levels (2.5mW typical static)
• Direction control and over-riding 3-state control
• Product available in Radiation Tolerant and Radiation Enhanced versions
• Military product compliant to MIL-STD-883, Class B and DESC listed
• Meets or exceeds JEDEC Standard 18 specifications