The LP2992 is a 250-mA, fixed-output voltage regulator designed to provide ultra-low dropout and low noise in battery-powered applications.
Using an optimized vertically integrated PNP (VIP) process, the LP2992 delivers unequaled performance in all specifications critical to battery-powered designs:
• Dropout voltage: Typically 450 mV at 250-mA
load, and 5 mV at 1-mA load.
• Ground pin current: Typically 1500 µA at 250-mA
load, and 75 µA at 1-mA load.
• Enhanced stability: The LP2992 is stable with
output capacitor equivalent series resistance
(ESR) as low as 5 mΩ, which allows the use of
ceramic capacitors on the output.
• Sleep mode: Less than 1-µA quiescent current
when ON/OFF pin is pulled low.
• Smallest possible size: SOT-23 and WSON
packages use absolute minimum board space.
• Precision output: 1% tolerance output voltages
available (A grade).
• Low noise: By adding a 10-nF bypass capacitor,
output noise can be reduced to 30 µV (typical).
• Multiple voltage options, from 1.5 V to 5 V, are
available as standard products. Consult factory for
• Input Voltage Range: 2.2 V to 16 V
• Output Voltage Range: 1.5 V to 5 V
• Wide Supply Voltage Range (16-V Maximum)
• Output Voltage Accuracy 1% (A Grade)
• Ultra-Low-Dropout Voltage
• Specified 250-mA Output Current
• Stable With Low-ESR Output Capacitor
• < 1-µA Quiescent Current When Shut Down
• Low Ground Pin Current at All Loads
• High Peak Current Capability
• Low ZOUT: 0.3-Ω Typical (10 Hz to 1 MHz)
• Overtemperature and Overcurrent Protection
• −40°C to +125°C Junction Temperature Range
• Smallest Possible Size (SOT-23, WSON
• Requires Minimum External Components
• Custom Voltages Available
• Cellular Phones
• Palmtop/Laptop Computers
• Personal Digital Assistants (PDA)
• Camcorders, Personal Stereos, Cameras
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.