Teccors line of sensitive gate triacs includes devices with current capabilities through 8 A. Voltage ranges are available from 200 V to 600 V. This line features devices with guaranteed gate control in Quadrants II and IV as well as control in the commonly used Quadrants I and III. Four-quadrant control devices require sensitive gate triacs. They can be controlled by digital circuitry where positive-only or negative-only pulses must control AC current in both directions through the device. Note that triacs with low IGT values in Quadrants II and IV will have lower dv/dt characteristics.
The sensitive gate triac is a bidirectional AC switch and is gate controlled for either polarity of main terminal voltage. It is used primarily for AC switching and phase control applications such as motor speed controls, temperature modulation controls, and lighting controls.
The epoxy TO-92 and TO-220 configurations feature Teccors electrically-isolated construction where the case or mounting tab is internally isolated from the semiconductor chip and lead attachments. Non-isolated epoxy TO-202 packages are available as well as TO-251 and surface mount TO-252 (D-Pak). Tape and-reel capability and tube packing also are available. See “Packing Options” section of this catalog.
• Electrically-isolated packages
• Glass-passivated junctions ensure long device reliability and parameter stability
• Voltage capability — up to 600 V
• Surge capability — up to 80 A
• Four-quadrant gating guaranteed
Compak Sensitive Gate Triac
• Surface mount package — 0.8 A and 1 A series
• New small profile three-leaded Compak package
• Packaged in embossed carrier tape with 2,500 devices per reel
• Can replace SOT-223