The LM4040 series of shunt voltage references are versatile, easy-to-use references that cater to a vast array of applications. The 2-pin fixed-output device requires no external capacitors for operation and is stable with all capacitive loads. Additionally, the reference offers low dynamic impedance, low noise, and low temperature coefficient to ensure a stable output voltage over a wide range of operating currents and temperatures. The LM4040 uses fuse and Zener-zap reverse breakdown voltage trim during wafer sort to offer four output voltage tolerances, ranging from 0.1% (max) for the A grade to 1% (max) for the D grade. Thus, a great deal of flexibility is offered to designers in choosing the best cost-to-performance ratio for their applications.
Packaged in space-saving SC-70 and SOT-23-3 packages and requiring a minimum current of 45 µA (typ), the LM4040 also is ideal for portable applications. The LM4040xI is characterized for operation over an ambient temperature range of –40°C to 85°C. The LM4040xQ is characterized for operation over an ambient temperature range of –40°C to 125°C.
• Fixed Output Voltages of 2.048 V, 2.5 V, 3 V,
4.096 V, 5 V, 8.192 V, and 10 V
• Tight Output Tolerances and Low
– Max 0.1%, 100 ppm/°C – A Grade
– Max 0.2%, 100 ppm/°C – B Grade
– Max 0.5%, 100 ppm/°C – C Grade
– Max 1.0%, 150 ppm/°C – D Grade
• Low Output Noise…35 µVRMS Typ
• Wide Operating Current Range…45 µA Typ to
• Stable With All Capacitive Loads; No Output
• Available in Extended Temperature
Range…–40°C to 125°C
• Data-Acquisition Systems
• Power Supplies and Power-Supply Monitors
• Instrumentation and Test Equipment
• Process Controls
• Precision Audio
• Automotive Electronics
• Energy Management
• Battery-Powered Equipment
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.