The LM86 is an 11-bit digital temperature sensor with a 2-wire System Management Bus (SMBus) serial interface. The LM86 accurately measures its own temperature as well as the temperature of an external device, such as processor thermal diode or diode connected transistor such as the 2N3904. The temperature of any ASIC can be accurately determined using the LM86 as long as a dedicated diode (semiconductor junction) is available on the target die. The LM86 remote sensor accuracy of ±0.75°C is factory trimmed for the 1.008 typical nonideality factor of the mobile Pentium™ III thermal diode. The LM86 has an Offset register to allow measuring other diodes without requiring continuous software management. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the latest data for new processors.
• Accurately Senses Die Temperature of Remote ICs or Diode Junctions
• Offset Register Allows Sensing a Variety of Thermal Diodes Accurately
• On-Board Local Temperature Sensing
• 10-Bit Plus Sign Remote Diode Temperature Data Format, 0.125°C Resolution
• T_CRIT_A Output Useful for System Shutdown
• ALERT Output Supports SMBus 2.0 Protocol
• SMBus 2.0 Compatible Interface, Supports TIMEOUT
• 8-Pin VSSOP and SOIC Packages
• Computer System Thermal Management
(For Example, Laptop, Desktop, Workstations, Server)
• Electronic Test Equipment
• Office Electronics
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.