The LP2985-N is a 150 mA, fixed-output voltage regulator designed to provide ultra low-dropout and low noise in battery powered applications.
Using an optimized VIP (Vertically Integrated PNP) process, the LP2985-N delivers unequalled performance in all specifications critical to battery-powered designs: Dropout Voltage: Typically 300 mV @ 150 mA load, and 7 mV @ 1 mA load.
Ground Pin Current: Typically 850 µA @ 150 mA load, and 75 µA @ 1 mA load.
Enhanced Stability: The LP2985-N is stable with output capacitor ESR as low as 5 mΩ, which allows the use of ceramic capacitors on the output.
Sleep Mode: Less than 1 µA quiescent current when ON/OFF pin is pulled low.
Smallest Possible Size: SOT-23 and DSBGA packages use absolute minimum board space. Precision Output: 1% tolerance output voltages available (A grade).
Low Noise: By adding a 10 nF bypass capacitor, output noise can be reduced to 30 µV (typical). Multiple voltage options, from 2.5V to 5.0V, are available as standard products. Consult factory for custom voltages.
• Ultra Low Dropout Voltage
• Ensured 150 mA Output Current
• Smallest Possible Size (SOT-23, DSBGA
• Requires Minimum External Components
• Stable with Low-ESR Output Capacitor
• <1 µA Quiescent Current when Shut Down
• Low Ground Pin Current at All Loads
• Output Voltage Accuracy 1% (A Grade)
• High Peak Current Capability
• Wide Supply Voltage Range (16V Max)
• Low ZOUT: 0.3Ω Typical (10 Hz to 1 MHz)
• Overtemperature/Overcurrent Protection
• −40°C to +125°C Junction Temperature Range
• Custom Voltages Available
• Cellular Phone
• Palmtop/Laptop Computer
• Personal Digital Assistant (PDA)
• Camcorder, Personal Stereo, Camera
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.