This Transient Voltage Suppressor series of M15KP22A – M15KP280CA offers an extended voltage range and also provides a variety of high reliability, uni- and bi-directional options as well. RoHS compliant versions are also available. These devices have the ability to clamp dangerous high voltage transients such as secondary effects of lightning strikes, providing circuit protection to several class levels in the IEC61000-4-5 specification. Clamping time is virtually instantaneous. It also provides protection from transients caused by inductive load dumps, RFI, and ESD, providing protection to IEC61000-4-2 and -4-4.
● Available in both unidirectional and bidirectional configurations
● 3σ lot norm screening performed on standby current ID
● 100% surge tested devices
● Suppresses transients up to 15 kW @ 10/1000 s and 100 kW @ 8/20 s (see Figure 1)
● Various screenings in reference to MIL-PRF-19500 are available. Refer to Hirel Non-Hermetic
Product Portfolio for more details on the screening options.
(See part nomenclature for all options.)
● High reliability controlled devices have wafer fabrication and assembly lot traceability
● Moisture classification is level 1 with no dry pack required per IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020B
● RoHS compliant versions are available
APPLICATIONS / BENEFITS
● Selections from 22 to 280 volts stand-off voltage (VWM)
● Economical TVS series for thru-hole mounting
● Protection from switching transients & induced RFI
● Fast sub-nanosecond response (unidirectional)
● Compliant to IEC 61000-4-2 and IEC 61000-4-4 for ESD and EFT protection respectively
● Secondary lightning protection per IEC61000-4-5 with 42 ohms source impedance:
Class 1, 2, 3, 4: M15KP22A to M15KP280CA
Class 5: M15KP22A to M15KP280CA (short distance)
Class 5: 1M5KP22A to M15KP110CA (long distance)
● Secondary lightning protection per IEC61000-4-5 with 12 ohms source impedance:
Class 1 & 2: M15KP22A to M15KP280CA
Class 3: M15KP22A to M15KP240CA
Class 4: M15KP22A to M15KP120CA
● Secondary lightning protection per IEC61000-4-5 with 2 ohms source impedance:
Class 2: M15KP22A to M15KP220CA
Class 3: M15KP22A to M15KP110CA
Class 4: M15KP22A to M15KP54CA
Microsemi Corporation offers a comprehensive portfolio of semiconductor and system solutions for aerospace & defense, communications, data center and industrial markets. Products include high-performance and radiation-hardened analog mixed-signal integrated circuits, FPGAs, SoCs and ASICs; power management products; timing and synchronization devices and precise time solutions, setting the world’s standard for time; voice processing devices; RF solutions; discrete components; enterprise storage and communication solutions, security technologies and scalable anti-tamper products; Ethernet solutions; Power-over-Ethernet ICs and midspans; as well as custom design capabilities and services.
Microsemi is now a subsidiary of Microchip Technology Inc.