M24SR02-Y belongs to the ST25 family which includes all STMicroelectronics NFC/RFID tag and reader products.
The M24SR02-Y device is a dynamic NFC/RFID tag IC with a dual interface. It embeds an EEPROM memory. It can be operated from an I2C interface or by a 13.56 MHz RFID reader or an NFC phone.
The I2C interface uses a two-wire serial interface, consisting of a bidirectional data line and a clock line. It behaves as a slave in the I2C protocol.
The RF protocol is compatible with ISO/IEC 14443 Type A and NFC Forum Type 4 Tag.
• Two-wire I2C serial interface supports
1 MHz protocol
• Single supply voltage: 2.7 V to 5.5 V
• NFC Forum Type 4 Tag
• ISO/IEC 14443 Type A
• 106 Kbps data rate
• Internal tuning capacitance: 25 pF
• 256-byte (2-kbit) EEPROM
• Support of NDEF data structure
• Data retention: 200 years
• Write cycle endurance:
– 1 million Write cycles at 25 °C
– 600k Write cycles at 85 °C
• Read up to 246 bytes in a single command
• Write up to 246 bytes in a single command
• 7 bytes unique identifier (UID)
• 128 bits passwords protection
• 8-lead small-outline package (SO8)
• TSSOP8 ECOPACK2®
• UFDFPN8 ECOPACK2®
• WFDFDN8 ECOPACK2®(1)(2)
• GPO: configurable General Purpose Output
• RF disable: activation/deactivation of RF
• From - 40 °C up to 85 °C
STMicroelectronics is a global independent semiconductor company and is a leader in developing and delivering semiconductor solutions across the spectrum of microelectronics applications. An unrivaled combination of silicon and system expertise, manufacturing strength, Intellectual Property (IP) portfolio and strategic partners positions the Company at the forefront of System-on-Chip (SoC) technology and its products play a key role in enabling today's convergence trends