The MAX232E is a dual driver/receiver that includes a capacitive voltage generator to supply TIA/RS-232-F voltage levels from a single 5-V supply. Each receiver converts TIA/RS-232-F inputs to 5-V TTL/CMOS levels. This receiver has a typical threshold of 1.3 V, a typical hysteresis of 0.5 V, and can accept ±30-V inputs. Each driver converts TTL/CMOS input levels into TIA/RS-232-F levels. The driver, receiver, and voltage-generator functions are available as cells in the Texas Instruments LinASIC™ library.
• Meets or Exceeds TIA/RS-232-F and ITU Recommendation V.28
• Operates From a Single 5-V Power Supply With 1.0-μF Charge-Pump Capacitors
• Operates up to 250 kbit/s
• Two Drivers and Two Receivers
• ±30-V Input Levels
• Low Supply Current . . . 8 mA Typical
• ESD Protection for RS-232 Bus Pins
– ±15-kV Human-Body Model (HBM)
– ±8-kV IEC61000-4-2, Contact Discharge
– ±15-kV IEC61000-4-2, Air-Gap Discharge
• Battery-Powered Systems
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.