Quality bipolar fabrication with innovative design concepts are employed for the MC33171/72/74 series of monolithic operational amplifiers. These devices operate at 180 μA per amplifier and offer 1.8 MHz of gain bandwidth product and 2.1 V/μs slew rate without the use of JFET device technology. Although this series can be operated from split supplies, it is particularly suited for single supply operation, since the common mode input voltage includes ground potential (VEE).
With a Darlington input stage, these devices exhibit high input resistance, low input offset voltage and high gain. The all NPN output stage, characterized by no deadband crossover distortion and large output voltage swing, provides high capacitance drive capability, excellent phase and gain margins, low open loop high frequency output impedance and symmetrical source/sink AC frequency response.
The MC33171/72/74 are specified over the industrial/automotive temperature ranges. The complete series of single, dual and quad operational amplifiers are available in plastic as well as the surface mount packages.
• Low Supply Current: 180 μA (Per Amplifier)
• Wide Supply Operating Range: 3.0 V to 44 V or ±1.5 V to ±22 V
• Wide Input Common Mode Range, Including Ground (VEE)
• Wide Bandwidth: 1.8 MHz
• High Slew Rate: 2.1 V/μs
• Low Input Offset Voltage: 2.0 mV
• Large Output Voltage Swing: −14.2 V to +14.2 V (with ±15 V Supplies)
• Large Capacitance Drive Capability: 0 pF to 500 pF
• Low Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.03%
• Excellent Phase Margin: 60°
• Excellent Gain Margin: 15 dB
• Output Short Circuit Protection
• ESD Diodes Provide Input Protection for Dual and Quad
• Pb−Free Packages are Available
• NCV Prefix for Automotive and Other Applications Requiring Site and Control Changes
ON Semiconductor - ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power and signal management, logic, discrete and custom solutions to help design engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, LED lighting, medical, military/aerospace and power supply applications. ON Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific regions.