Octal 3-State Noninverting Bus Transceiver
High–Performance Silicon–Gate CMOS
The MC54/74HC245A is identical in pinout to the LS245. The device inputs are compatible with standard CMOS outputs; with pullup resistors, they are compatible with LSTTL outputs.
The HC245A is a 3–state noninverting transceiver that is used for 2–way asynchronous communication between data buses. The device has an active–low Output Enable pin, which is used to place the I/O ports into high–impedance states. The Direction control determines whether data flows from A to B or from B to A.
• Output Drive Capability: 15 LSTTL Loads
• Outputs Directly Interface to CMOS, NMOS, and TTL
• Operating Voltage Range: 2 to 6 V
• Low Input Current: 1 µA
• High Noise Immunity Characteristic of CMOS Devices
• In Compliance with the Requirements Defined by JEDEC Standard No. 7A
• Chip Complexity: 308 FETs or 77 Equivalent Gates