The Microchip Technology Inc. MCP3004/3008 devices are successive approximation 10-bit Analog to-Digital (A/D) converters with on-board sample and hold circuitry. The MCP3004 is programmable to provide two pseudo-differential input pairs or four single-ended inputs. The MCP3008 is programmable to provide four pseudo-differential input pairs or eight single-ended inputs. Differential Nonlinearity (DNL) and Integral Nonlinearity (INL) are specified at ±1 LSB. Communication with the devices is accomplished using a simple serial interface compatible with the SPI protocol. The devices are capable of conversion rates of up to 200 ksps. The MCP3004/3008 devices operate over a broad voltage range (2.7V - 5.5V). Low-current design permits operation with typical standby currents of only 5 nA and typical active currents of 320 µA. The MCP3004 is offered in 14-pin PDIP, 150 mil SOIC and TSSOP packages, while the MCP3008 is offered in 16-pin PDIP and SOIC packages.
• 10-bit resolution
• ± 1 LSB max DNL
• ± 1 LSB max INL
• 4 (MCP3004) or 8 (MCP3008) input channels
• Analog inputs programmable as single-ended or pseudo-differential pairs
• On-chip sample and hold
• SPI serial interface (modes 0,0 and 1,1)
• Single supply operation: 2.7V - 5.5V
• 200 ksps max. sampling rate at VDD=5V
• 75 ksps max. sampling rate at VDD=2.7V
• Low power CMOS technology
• 5 nA typical standby current, 2 µA max.
• 500 µA max. active current at 5V
• Industrial temp range: -40°C to +85°C
• Available in PDIP, SOIC and TSSOP packages
• Sensor Interface
• Process Control
• Data Acquisition
• Battery Operated Systems
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of microcontroller, mixed-signal, analog and Flash-IP solutions, providing low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for thousands of diverse customer applications worldwide. Headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, Microchip offers outstanding technical support along with dependable delivery and quality.
Microchip Technology Inc. has acquired Atmel.