The MP1484 is a monolithic synchronous buck regulator. The device integrates top and bottom 85mΩ MOSFETS that provide 3A of continuous load current over a wide operating input voltage of 4.75V to 18V. Current mode control provides fast transient response and cycle-by-cycle current limit.
An adjustable soft-start prevents inrush current at turn-on and in shutdown mode, the supply current drops below 1µA.
The MP1484 is PIN compatible to the MP1482 2A/18V/Synchronous Step-Down Converter.
• 3A Continuous Output Current
• Wide 4.75V to 18V Operating Input Range
• Integrated 85mΩ Power MOSFET Switches
• Output Adjustable from 0.925V to 20V
• Up to 95% Efficiency
• Programmable Soft-Start
• Stable with Low ESR Ceramic Output Capacitors
• Fixed 340KHz Frequency
• Cycle-by-Cycle Over Current Protection
• Input Under Voltage Lockout
• Thermally Enhanced 8-Pin SOIC Package
• FPGA, ASIC, DSP Power Supplies
• LCD TV
• Green Electronics/Appliances
• Notebook Computers