The LM137/LM337-N are adjustable 3-terminal negative voltage regulators capable of supplying in excess of −1.5A over an output voltage range of −1.2V to −37V. These regulators are exceptionally easy to apply, requiring only 2 external resistors to set the output voltage and 1 output capacitor for frequency compensation. The circuit design has been optimized for excellent regulation and low thermal transients. Further, the LM137 series features internal current limiting, thermal shutdown and safe-area compensation, making them virtually blowout-proof against overloads.
The LM137/LM337-N serve a wide variety of applications including local on-card regulation, programmable-output voltage regulation or precision current regulation. The LM137/LM337-N are ideal complements to the LM117/LM317 adjustable positive regulators.
1. Output Voltage Adjustable from −1.2V to −37V
2. 1.5A Output Current Specified, −55°C to +150°C
3. Line Regulation Typically 0.01%/V
4. Load Regulation Typically 0.3%
5. Excellent Thermal Regulation, 0.002%/W
6. 77 dB Ripple Rejection
7. Excellent Rejection of Thermal Transients
8. 50 ppm/°C Temperature Coefficient
9. Temperature-independent Current Limit
10. Internal Thermal Overload Protection
11. P+ Product Enhancement Tested
12. Standard 3-lead Transistor Package
13. Output is Short Circuit Protected
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.