The NCP101X series integrates a fixed−frequency current−mode controller and a 700 V MOSFET. Housed in a PDIP−7 or SOT−223 package, the NCP101X offers everything needed to build a rugged and low−cost power supply, including soft−start, frequency jittering, short−circuit protection, skip−cycle, a maximum peak current setpoint and a Dynamic Self−Supply (no need for an auxiliary winding).
Unlike other monolithic solutions, the NCP101X is quiet by nature: during nominal load operation, the part switches at one of the available frequencies (65 − 100 − 130 kHz). When the current setpoint falls below a given value, e.g. the output power demand diminishes, the IC automatically enters the so−called skip−cycle mode and provides excellent efficiency at light loads. Because this occurs at typically 1/4 of the maximum peak value, no acoustic noise takes place. As a result, standby power is reduced to the minimum without acoustic noise generation.
• Built−in 700 V MOSFET with Typical RDSon of 11 Ω and 22 Ω
• Large Creepage Distance Between High−Voltage Pins
• Current−Mode Fixed Frequency Operation: 65 kHz – 100 kHz − 130 kHz
• Skip−Cycle Operation at Low Peak Currents Only: No Acoustic Noise!
• Dynamic Self−Supply, No Need for an Auxiliary Winding
• Internal 1.0 ms Soft−Start
• Latched Overvoltage Protection with Auxiliary Winding Operation
• Frequency Jittering for Better EMI Signature
• Auto−Recovery Internal Output Short−Circuit Protection
• Below 100 mW Standby Power if Auxiliary Winding is Used
• Internal Temperature Shutdown
• Direct Optocoupler Connection
• SPICE Models Available for TRANsient Analysis
• These are Pb−Free and Halide−Free Devices
• Low Power AC/DC Adapters for Chargers
• Auxiliary Power Supplies (USB, Appliances,TVs, etc.)
ON Semiconductor - ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power and signal management, logic, discrete and custom solutions to help design engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, LED lighting, medical, military/aerospace and power supply applications. ON Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific regions.