The OPT101 is a monolithic photodiode with on-chip transimpedance amplifier. Output voltage increases linearly with light intensity. The amplifier is designed for single or dual power-supply operation, making it ideal for battery operated equipment.
The integrated combination of photodiode and transimpedance amplifier on a single chip eliminates the problems commonly encountered in discrete designs such as leakage current errors, noise pick-up, and gain peaking due to stray capacitance. The 0.09 x 0.09 inch photodiode is operated in the photoconductive mode for excellent linearity and low dark current.
The OPT101 operates from +2.7V to +36V supplies and quiescent current is only 120µA. It is available in clear plastic 8-pin DIP, and J-formed DIP for surface mounting.
Temperature range is 0°C to +70°C.
● SINGLE SUPPLY: +2.7 to +36V
● PHOTODIODE SIZE: 0.090 x 0.090 inch
● INTERNAL 1MΩ FEEDBACK RESISTOR
● HIGH RESPONSIVITY: 0.45A/W (650nm)
● BANDWIDTH: 14kHz at RF = 1MΩ
● LOW QUIESCENT CURRENT: 120µA
● AVAILABLE IN 8-PIN DIP AND 8-LEAD
● MEDICAL INSTRUMENTATION
● LABORATORY INSTRUMENTATION
● POSITION AND PROXIMITY SENSORS
● PHOTOGRAPHIC ANALYZERS
● BARCODE SCANNERS
● SMOKE DETECTORS
● CURRENCY CHANGERS