The PCA9555 is a 24-pin CMOS device that provide 16 bits of General Purpose parallel Input/Output (GPIO) expansion for I2C/SMBus applications and was developed to enhance the Philips family of IC I/O expanders. The improvements include higher drive capability, 5 V I/O tolerance, lower supply current, individual I/O configuration, and smaller packaging. I/O expanders provide a simple solution when additional I/O is needed for ACPI power switches, sensors, pushbuttons, LEDs, fans, etc.
• Operating power supply voltage range of 2.3 V to 5.5 V
• 5 V tolerant I/Os
• Polarity inversion register
• Active-LOW interrupt output
• Low stand-by current
• Noise filter on SCL/SDA inputs
• No glitch on power-up
• Internal power-on reset
• 16 I/O pins which default to 16 inputs
• 0 kHz to 400 kHz clock frequency
• ESD protection exceeds 2000 V HBM per JESD22-A114, 200 V MM per JESD22-A115, and 1000 V CDM per JESD22-C101
• Latch-up testing is done to JESDEC Standard JESD78 which exceeds 100 mA
• Five packages offered: DIP24, SO24, SSOP24, TSSOP24, and HVQFN24
Philips Semiconductors was acquired by NXP Semiconductors.
NXP Semiconductors, formerly Philips Semiconductors, has fifty years of innovation and a rich IP portfolio that firmly establishes NXP as Europe's second largest semiconductor company.