QMatrix devices are digital burst mode charge-transfer (QT) sensors designed specifically for matrix geometry touch controls; they include all signal processing functions necessary to provide stable sensing under a wide variety of changing conditions. Only a few external parts are required for operation. The entire circuit can be built within a few square centimeters of single-sided PCB area. CEM-1 and FR1 punched, single-sided materials can be used for possible lowest cost. The PCB’s rear can be mounted flush on the back of a glass or plastic panel using a conventional adhesive, such as 3M VHB 2-sided adhesive acrylic film.
QMatrix parts employ transverse charge-transfer (QT) sensing, a technology that senses changes in electrical charge forced across an electrode by a pulse edge (Figure 1-1).
QmBtn software for the PC can be used to program the operation of the IC as well as read back key status and signal levels in real time.
The parts are electrically identical with the exception of the number of keys which may be sensed.
● Advanced second generation QMatrix™ controller
● Keys individually adjustable for sensitivity, response time, and many other critical parameters
● Panel thicknesses to 50mm through any dielectric
● 32 and 48 key versions
● 100% autocal for life - no in-field adjustments
● SPI Slave and UART interfaces
● Sleep mode with wake pin
● Adjacent key suppression feature
● Synchronous noise suppression pin
● Spread-spectrum modulation: high noise immunity
● Mix and match key sizes & shapes in one panel
● Low overhead communications protocol
● FMEA compliant design features
● Negligible external component count
● Extremely low cost per key
● 44-pin Pb-free TQFP package
● Automotive panels
● Machine tools
● ATM machines
● Appliance controls
● Outdoor keypads
● Security keypanels
● Industrial keyboards
Quantum Research Group was acquired by Atmel.
Quantum Research Group is the leading independent developer of capacitive sensing IP and solutions for user interfaces. Offering a wide variety of touch and proximity sensing solutions, Quantum Research Group is the leading independent supplier of capacitive sensing solutions. Quantum Research Group innovative touchpad navigation technologies support a wide range of markets and applications.