The LM56 is a precision low power thermostat. Two stable temperature trip points (VT1 and VT2) are generated by dividing down the LM56 1.250V bandgap voltage reference using 3 external resistors. The LM56 has two digital outputs. OUT1 goes LOW when the temperature exceeds T1 and goes HIGH when the the temperature goes below (T1–THYST). Similarly, OUT2 goes LOW when the temperature exceeds T2 and goes HIGH when the temperature goes below (T2–THYST). THYST is an internally set 5°C typical hysteresis.
The LM56 is available in an 8-lead VSSOP surface mount package and an 8-lead SOIC.
• Digital Outputs Support TTL Logic Levels
• Internal Temperature Sensor
• 2 Internal Comparators with Hysteresis
• Internal Voltage Reference
• Available in 8-pin SOIC and VSSOP Packages
• Microprocessor Thermal Management
• Portable Battery Powered 3.0V or 5V Systems
• Fan Control
• Industrial Process Control
• HVAC Systems
• Remote Temperature Sensing
• Electronic System Protection
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.