The IC T2525 is a complete IR receiver for data communication developed and optimized for use in carrier-frequency-modulated transmission applications. Its function can be described using the block diagram (see Figure 1). The input stage meets two main functions. First, it provides a suitable bias voltage for the PIN diode. Secondly, the pulsed photo-current signals are transformed into a voltage by a special circuit which is optimized for low-noise applications.
• No External Components Except PIN Diode
• Supply-voltage Range: 4.5 V to 5.5 V
• Automatic Sensitivity Adaptation (AGC)
• Automatic Strong Signal Adaptation (ATC)
• Enhanced Immunity Against Ambient Light Disturbances
• Available for Carrier Frequencies between 30 kHz to 76 kHz; Adjusted by Zener Diode Fusing
• TTL and CMOS Compatible
• Suitable Minimum Burst Length ≥ 6 or 10 Pulses/Burst
• Audio Video Applications
• Home Appliances
• Remote Control Equipment
Atmel (Microchip Technology) - Atmel was acquired by Microchip in April 2016. Atmel Corporation is an industry leader in the design and manufacture of advanced semiconductors, with focus on microcontrollers, nonvolatile memory, logic, radio frequency (RF) components and sensors. These functions are marketed as standard products, application-specific standard products (ASSPs) or customer-specific products (ASICs) in order to provide a rapid and flexible response to the needs of Atmel’s customers.