TheTC500/A/510/514 family are precision analog front ends that implement dual slope A/D converters having a maximum resolution of 17 bits plus sign. As a minimum, each device contains the integrator, zero crossing comparator and processor interface logic. The TC500 is the base (16-bit max) device and requires both positive and negative power supplies. The TC500A is identical to the TC500 with the exception that it has improved linearity, allowing it to operate to a maximum resolution of 17 bits. The TC510 adds an on board negative power supply converter for single supply operation. The TC514 adds both a negative power supply converter and a 4-input differential analog multiplexer.
• Precision (up to 17 bits) A/D Converter “Front End”
• 3-Pin Control Interface to Microprocessor
• Flexible: User Can Trade-off Conversion Speed for Resolution
• Single-Supply Operation (TC510/TC514)
• 4 Input, Differential Analog MUX (TC514)
• Automatic Input Voltage Polarity Detection
• Low Power Dissipation:
- (TC500/TC500A): 10 mW
- (TC510/TC514): 18 mW
• Wide Analog Input Range:
- ±4.2V (TC500A/TC510)
• Directly Accepts Bipolar and Differential Input Signals
• Precision Analog Signal Processor
• Precision Sensor Interface
• High Accuracy DC Measurements
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of microcontroller, mixed-signal, analog and Flash-IP solutions, providing low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for thousands of diverse customer applications worldwide. Headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, Microchip offers outstanding technical support along with dependable delivery and quality.
Microchip Technology Inc. has acquired Atmel.