The TC652/TC653 are integrated temperature sensors and brushless DC fan speed controllers with FanSense™ technology. The TC652/TC653 measure their junction temperature and control the speed of the fan based on that temperature, making them especially suited for applications in modern electronic equipment. The FanSense™ Fan Fault detect circuitry eliminates the need for a more expensive 3-wire fan.
Temperature data is converted from the on-chip thermal sensing element and translated into a fractional fan speed from 40% to 100%. A temperature selection guide in the data sheet is used to choose the low and high temperature limits to control the fan. The TC652/TC653 also include a single trip point over temperature alert (TOVER) that eliminates the need for additional temperature sensors. In addition, the TC653 includes an auto fan shutdown function for additional power savings.
The TC652/TC653 are easy to use, require no software overhead and are therefore the ideal choice for implementing thermal management in a variety of systems.
• Integrated Temperature Sensing and Multi-speed Fan Control
• FanSense™ Fan Fault Detect Circuitry
• Built-in Over-Temperature Alert (TOVER)
• Temperature Proportional Fan Speed Control for
Acoustic Noise Reduction and Longer Fan Life
• Pulse Width Modulation Output Drive for Cost
and Power Savings
• Solid-State Temperature Sensing
• ±1°C (Typical) Accuracy from 25°C to +70°C
• 2.8V – 5.5V Operating Range
• TC653 includes Auto Fan Shutdown
• Low Operating Current: 50µA (Typical)
• Thermal Protection For Personal Computers
• Digital Set-Top Boxes
• Notebook Computers
• Data Communications
• Power Supplies
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of microcontroller, mixed-signal, analog and Flash-IP solutions, providing low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for thousands of diverse customer applications worldwide. Headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, Microchip offers outstanding technical support along with dependable delivery and quality.
Microchip Technology Inc. has acquired Atmel.