The TIR1000x serial infrared (SIR) encoder and decoder is a CMOS device that encodes and decodes bit data in conformance with the IrDA specification.
A transceiver device is needed to interface to the photo-sensitive diode (PIN) and the light emitting diode (LED). A UART is needed to interface to the serial data lines.
• Adds Infrared (IR) Port to Universal Asynchronous
Receiver Transmitter (UART)
• Compatible With Infrared Data Association
(IrDA™) and Hewlett Packard Serial Infrared
• Provides 1200-bps to 115-kbps Data Rate
• Operates from 2.7 V to 5.5 V
• Provides Simple Interface With UART
• Decodes Negative or Positive Pulses
• Available in Two 8-Terminal Plastic Small Outline
– PS Package Has Slightly Larger Dimensions
Than PW Package
• UART Interfacing
• Infrared Data Communications
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.