The TL494 is used for the control circuit of the PWM switching regulator. The TL494 consists of 5V reference voltage circuit, two error amplifiers, flip flop, an output control circuit, a PWM comparator, a dead time comparator and an oscillator. This device can be operated in the switching frequency of 1 KHz to 300 KHz.
1. Internal regulator provides a stable 5V reference supply trimmed to 5%
2. Uncommitted output TR for 200mA sink or source current
3. Output control for push-pull or single-ended operation
4. Variable duty cycle by dead time control (pin 4) Complete PWM control circuit
5. On-chip oscillator with master or slave operation
6. Internal circuit prohibits double pulse at either output
Fairchild has a rich history as a pioneer in the semiconductor industry and that pioneering spirit endures today. In an era where diversity can dilute focus and hamper innovation, we specialize in the development and manufacturing of a complete portfolio of low- to high-power solutions for the mobile, industrial, cloud, automotive, lighting, and computing industries. Fairchild is one of the most reliable partners in the industry, offering the shortest time from concept to silicon, expert FAEs for customer support, and a flexible, multi-source supply chain. Our vision is clear – anticipate the power efficiencies demanded by tomorrow’s electronic products and deliver an amazing design experience