TLE 4267 is a 5-V low-drop voltage regulator in a TO220-7 package. It supplies an output current of > 400 mA. The IC is shortcircuit-proof and incorporates temperature protection that disables the IC at overtemperature.
● Output voltage tolerance ≤ ± 2 %
● Low-drop voltage
● Very low standby current consumption
● Input voltage up to 40 V
● Overvoltage protection up to 60 V (≤ 400 ms)
● Reset function down to 1 V output voltage
● ESD protection up to 2000 V
● Adjustable reset time
● On/off logic
● Overtemperature protection
● Reverse polarity protection
● Short-circuit proof
● Wide temperature range
● Suitable for use in automotive electronics
The IC regulates an input voltage VI in the range 5.5 V < VI < 40 V to VQrated = 5.0 V. A reset signal is generated for an output voltage VQ of < 4.5 V. The reset delay can be set with an external capacitor. The device has two logic inputs. It is turned-ON by a voltage of > 4 V on E2 by the ignition for example. It remains active as a function of the voltage on E6, even if the voltage on E2 goes Low. This makes it possible to implement a self holding circuit without external components. When the device is turned-OFF, the output voltage drops to 0 V and current consumption tends towards 0 µA.