The TLV704 series of low-dropout (LDO) regulators are ultralow quiescent current devices designed for extremely power-sensitive applications. Quiescent current is virtually constant over the complete load current and ambient temperature range. These devices are an ideal power-management attachment to low-power microcontrollers, such as the MSP430.
The TLV704 operates over a wide operating input voltage of 2.5 V to 24 V. Thus, the device is an excellent choice for both battery-powered systems as well as industrial applications that undergo large line transients.
The TLV704 is available in a 3-mm × 3-mm SOT23-5 package, which is ideal for cost-effective board manufacturing.
• Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.5 V to 24 V
• Low 3.2-μA Quiescent Current
• Ground Pin Current: 3.4 μA at 100-mA IOUT
• Stable With a Low-ESR, 1-µF Typical Output Capacitor
• Operating Junction Temperature:
–40°C to 125°C
• Available in SOT23-5 Package
– See Package Option Addendum at end of
this document for complete list of available voltage options
• Ultralow Power Microcontrollers
• Fire Alarms and Smoke Detector Systems
• Handset Peripherals
• Industrial and Automotive Applications
• Remote Controllers
• Zigbee® Networks
• Portable, Battery-Powered Equipment
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.