The TPS201xA family of power distribution switches is intended for applications where heavy capacitive loads and short circuits are likely to be encountered. These devices are 50-mΩ N-channel MOSFET high-side power switches. The switch is controlled by a logic enable compatible with 5-V logic and 3-V logic. Gate drive is provided by an internal charge pump designed to control the power-switch rise times and fall times to minimize current surges during switching. The charge pump requires no external components and allows operation from supplies as low as 2.7 V.
• 33-mΩ (5-V Input) High-Side MOSFET Switch
• Short-Circuit and Thermal Protection
• Operating Range . . . 2.7 V to 5.5 V
• Logic-Level Enable Input
• Typical Rise Time. . . 6.1 ms
• Undervoltage Lockout
• Maximum Standby Supply Current. . . 10μA
• No Drain-Source Back-Gate Diode
• Available in 8-pin SOIC and 14-Pin TSSOP Packages
• Ambient Temperature Range, –40°C to 85°C
• 2-kV Human-Body-Model, 200-V Machine-Model ESD Protection
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.