The TPS51200 device is a sink and source double data rate (DDR) termination regulator specifically designed for low input voltage, low-cost, low-noise systems where space is a key consideration.
The TPS51200 maintains a fast transient response and requires a minimum output capacitance of only 20 μF. The TPS51200 supports a remote sensing function and all power requirements for DDR, DDR2, DDR3, DDR3L, Low-Power DDR3 and DDR4 VTT bus termination.
In addition, the TPS51200 provides an open-drain PGOOD signal to monitor the output regulation and an EN signal that can be used to discharge VTT during S3 (suspend to RAM) for DDR applications.
The is available in the thermally efficient 10-pin VSON thermal pad package, and is rated both Green and Pb-free. It is specified from –40°C to +85°C.
• Input Voltage: Supports 2.5-V Rail and 3.3-V Rail
• VLDOIN Voltage Range: 1.1 V to 3.5 V
• Sink and Source Termination Regulator Includes
• Requires Minimum Output Capacitance of 20-μF
(Typically 3 × 10-μF MLCCs) for Memory
Termination Applications (DDR)
• PGOOD to Monitor Output Regulation
• EN Input
• REFIN Input Allows for Flexible Input Tracking
Either Directly or Through Resistor Divider
• Remote Sensing (VOSNS)
• ±10-mA Buffered Reference (REFOUT)
• Built-in Soft Start, UVLO, and OCL
• Thermal Shutdown
• Supports DDR, DDR2, DDR3, DDR3L, Low
Power DDR3, and DDR4 VTT Applications
• 10-Pin VSON Package With Thermal Pad
• Memory Termination Regulator for DDR, DDR2,
DDR3, DDR3L, Low-Power DDR3 and DDR4
• Notebooks, Desktops, and Servers
• Telecom and Datacom
• Base Stations
• LCD-TVs and PDP-TVs
• Copiers and Printers
• Set-Top Boxes
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.