The TPS56121 device is a high-efficiency and high current synchronous buck converter designed to operate from a supply of 4.5 V to 14 V. The device can produce an output voltage as low as 0.6 V at loads up to 15 A. Integrated NexFET™ Power MOSFETs provide a small footprint and ease of use.
The device implements a voltage-mode control with voltage feed-forward compensation that responds instantly to input voltage change.
The TPS56121 is available in a thermally enhanced 22-pin PQFN (DQP) PowerPAD package.
The device offers design flexibility with a variety of user programmable functions, including soft-start, overcurrent protection (OCP) levels, and loop compensation. OCP levels are programmed by a single external resistor connected from the ILIM pin to the circuit ground. During the initial power-on sequence, the device enters a calibration cycle, measures the voltage at the ILIM pin, and sets an internal OCP voltage level. During operation, the programmed OCP voltage level is compared to the voltage drop across the low-side FET when it is on to determine whether there is an overcurrent condition and then enters a shutdown/restart cycle until the fault is removed.
• 4.5-V to 14-V Input Voltage Range
• Incorporates Power Block Technology
• Up to 15-A Output Current
• Fixed-Frequency Options of 300 kHz, 500 kHz, and 1 MHz
• High-Side and Low-Side MOSFET RDS(on) Sensing
• Programmable Soft-Start
• 600-mV Reference Voltage With 1% Accuracy
• Voltage Mode Control with Feed-Forward
• Supports Prebiased Output
• Thermal Shutdown
• 22-Pin 5-mm x 6-mm PQFN PowerPAD™ Package
• For SWIFT™ Power Products Documentation, see http://www.ti.com/swift
• Point-of-Load (POL) Power Modules
• High-Density DC-DC Converters for Telecom and Networking Applications
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.