The TPS562200 and TPS563200 are simple, easy-to-use, 2 A and 3 A synchronous step-down (buck) converters in 6 pin SOT-23 package.
The devices are optimized to operate with minimum external component counts and also optimized to achieve low standby current.
These switch mode power supply (SMPS) devices employ D-CAP2 mode control providing a fast transient response and supporting both low equivalent series resistance (ESR) output capacitors such as specialty polymer and ultra-low ESR ceramic capacitors with no external compensation components.
TPS562200 and TPS563200 operate in Advanced Eco-mode, which maintains high efficiency during light load operation. The devices are available in a 6-pin 1.6mm x 2.9mm SOT (DDC) package, and specified from –40°C to 85°C of ambient temperature.
• TPS562200 - 2A converter with Integrated
122 mΩ and 72 mΩ FETs
• TPS563200 - 3A converter with Integrated 68 mΩ
and 39 mΩ FETs
• D-CAP2™ Mode Control for Fast Transient
• Input Voltage Range: 4.5 V to 17 V
• Output Voltage Range: 0.76 V to 7 V
• 650 kHz Switching Frequency
• Advanced Eco-mode™ Pulse-skip
• Low Shutdown Current Less than 10 µA
• 1% Feedback Voltage Accuracy (25°C)
• Startup from Pre-Biased Output Voltage
• Cycle-By-Cycle Overcurrent Limit
• Hiccup-Mode Undervoltage Protection
• Non-latch OVP, UVLO and TSD Protections
• Fixed Soft Start: 1 ms
• Create a Custom Design Using the TPS56x200
with the WEBENCH Power Designer
• Digital TV Power Supply
• High Definition Blu-ray Disc™ Players
• Networking Home Terminal
• Digital Set Top Box (STB)
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.