The TPS6105x device is based on a high-frequency synchronous-boost topology with constant current sink to drive single white LEDs. The device uses an inductive fixed-frequency PWM control scheme using small external components, minimizing input ripple current.
The 2-MHz switching frequency allows the use of small and low profile 2.2-μH inductors. To optimize overall efficiency, the device operates with only a 250-mV LED feedback voltage.
The TPS6105x device not only operates as a regulated current source, but also as a standard voltage-boost regulator. This additional operating mode can be useful to supply other high-power devices in the system, such as a hands-free audio power amplifier, or any other component requiring a supply voltage higher than the battery voltage (refer to TPS61052).
• Four Operational Modes
– Torch and Flash up to ILED = 1200 mA
– Voltage-Regulated Boost Converter: 4.5 V, 5 V, and 5.25 V
– Shutdown: 0.3 μA (Typical)
• Total Solution Circuit Area < 25 mm2
• Up to 96% Efficiency
• I2C-Compatible Interface up to 400 kbps
• Integrated LED Turnon Safety Timer
• Zero Latency TX-Masking Input (TPS61050)
• Hardware Voltage Mode Selection Input (TPS61052)
• Integrated ADC for LED VF Monitoring
• Integrated Low Light Dimming Mode
• LED Disconnect During Shutdown
• Open and Shorted LED Protection
• Overtemperature Protection
• Available in a 12-Pin NanoFree™ (CSP) and 10-Pin QFN Packaging
• Camera White LED Torch/Flash for Cell Phones, Smart-Phones and PDAs
• Audio Amplifier Power Supply
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.