The TPS6211x devices are a family of low-noise synchronous step-down dc-dc converters that are ideally suited for systems powered from a 2-cell Li-ion battery or from a 12-V or 15-V rail.
• High-Efficiency Synchronous Step-Down Converter With up to 95% Efficiency
• 3.1-V to 17-V Operating Input Voltage Range
• Adjustable Output Voltage Range From 1.2 V to 16 V
• Fixed Output Voltage Options Available in 3.3 V and 5 V
• Synchronizable to External Clock Signal up to 1.4 MHz
• Up to 1.5-A Output Current
• High Efficiency Over a Wide Load-Current Range Due to PFM/PWM Operation Mode
• 100% Maximum Duty Cycle for Lowest Dropout
• 20-µA Quiescent Current (Typical)
• Overtemperature and Overcurrent Protected
• Available in 16-Pin QFN Package
• Point-of-Load Regulation From 12-V Bus
• Organizers, PDAs, and Handheld PCs
• Handheld Scanners
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.