The TPS725xx family of 1-A low-dropout (LDO) linear regulators has fixed voltage options available that are commonly used to power the latest DSPs, FPGAs, and microcontrollers. An adjustable option ranging from 1.22 V to 5.5 V is also available. The integrated supervisory circuitry provides an active low RESET signal when the output falls out of regulation. The no
capacitor/any capacitor feature allows the customer to tailor output transient performance as needed. Therefore, compared to other regulators capable of providing the same output current, this family of regulators can provide a stand-alone power supply solution or a post regulator for a switch mode power supply.
• 1-A Output Current
• Available in 1.5-V, 1.6-V, 1.8-V, 2.5-V Fixed-Output and Adjustable Versions (1.2-V to 5.5-V)
• Input Voltage Down to 1.8 V
• Low 170-mV Dropout Voltage at 1 A(TPS72525)
• Stable With Any Type/Value Output Capacitor
• Integrated Supervisor (SVS) With 50-ms RESET Delay Time
• Low 210-µA Ground Current at Full Load (TPS72525)
• Less than 1-µA Standby Current
• ±2% Output Voltage Tolerance Over Line, Load, and Temperature (-40°C to 125°C)
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.