This device is designed to have a fast transient response and be stable with 10-µF low ESR capacitors. This combination provides high performance at a reasonable cost.
Because the PMOS device behaves as a low-value resistor, the dropout voltage is very low (typically 230 mV at an output current of 1 A for the TPS76750) and is directly proportional to the output current. Additionally, since the PMOS pass element is a voltage-driven device, the quiescent current is very low and independent of output loading (typically 85 µA over the full range of output current, 0 mA to 1 A). These two key specifications yield a significant improvement in operating life for battery-powered systems. This LDO family also features a sleep mode; applying a TTL high signal to EN (enable) shuts down the regulator, reducing the quiescent current to 1 µA at TJ = 25°C.
The RESET output of the TPS767xx initiates a reset in microcomputer and microprocessor systems in the event of an undervoltage condition. An internal comparator in the TPS767xx monitors the output voltage of the regulator to detect an undervoltage condition on the regulated output voltage.
The TPS767xx is offered in 1.5-V, 1.8-V, 2.5-V, 2.7-V, 2.8-V, 3.0-V, 3.3-V, and 5.0-V fixed-voltage versions and in an adjustable version (programmable over the range of 1.5 V to 5.5 V). Output voltage tolerance is specified as a maximum of 2% over line, load, and temperature ranges. The TPS767xx family is available in a 20-pin PWP package.
● Controlled Baseline
– One Assembly/Test Site, One Fabrication Site
● Extended Temperature Performance of –40°C to 125°C
● Enhanced Diminishing Manufacturing Sources (DMS) Support
● Enhanced Product Change Notification
● Qualification Pedigree†
● 1 A Low-Dropout Voltage Regulator
● Available in 1.5-V, 1.8-V, 2.5-V, 2.7-V, 2.8-V, 3.0-V, 3.3-V, 5.0-V Fixed Output and Adjustable Versions
● Dropout Voltage Down to 230 mV at 1 A (TPS76750)
● Ultralow 85 µA Typical Quiescent Current
● Fast Transient Response
● 2% Tolerance Over Specified Conditions for Fixed-Output Versions
● Open Drain Power-On Reset With 200-ms Delay (See TPS768xx for PG Option)
● 20-Pin TSSOP PowerPAD (PWP) Package
● Thermal Shutdown Protection
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.