The UCC27223 is a high-speed synchronous buck drivers for today’s high-efficiency, lower-output voltage designs. Using Predictive Gate Drive™ (PGD) control technology, these drivers reduce diode conduction and reverse recovery losses in the synchronous rectifier MOSFET(s).
The UCC27223 includes an enable pin that controls the operation of both outputs. A logic latch is also included to keep both outputs low until the first PWM input pulse comes in. The RDS(on) of the SR pull-down sourcing device is also minimized for higher frequency operations.
• Maximizes Efficiency by Minimizing Body-Diode Conduction and Reverse Recovery Losses
• Transparent Synchronous Buck Gate Drive Operation From the Single Ended PWM Input Signal
• 12-V or 5-V Input Operation
• 3.3-V Input Operation With Availability of 12-V Bus Bias
• High-Side and Low-Side ±3-A Dual Drivers
• On-Board 6.5-V Gate Drive Regulator
• ±3-A TrueDrive Gate Drives for High Current Delivery at MOSFET Miller Thresholds
• Automatically Adjusts for Changing Operating Conditions
• Thermally Enhanced 14-Pin PowerPAD™ HTSSOP Package Minimizes Board Area and Junction Temperature Rise
• Multiphase Converters in Combination With the TPS40090
• Non-Isolated 3.3-V, 5-V and 12-V Input dc-to-dc Converters for Processor Power, General Computer, Telecom and Datacom Applications
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.