UCC38C4x family is a high-performance current mode PWM controller. It is an enhanced BiCMOS version with pin-for-pin compatibility to the industry standard UC384xA family and UC384x family of PWM controllers. In addition, lower startup voltage versions of 7 V are offered as UCC38C40 and UCC38C41.
Providing necessary features to control fixed frequency, peak current-mode power supplies, this family offers the following performance advantages. The device offers high-frequency operation up to 1 MHz with low start-up and operating currents, thus minimizing start-up loss and low operating power consumption for improved efficiency. The device also features a very fast current-sense-to-output delay time of 35 ns and a ±1 A peak output current capability with improved rise and fall times for driving large external MOSFETs directly.
The UCC38C4x family is offered in 8-pin packages, MSOP (DGK), SOIC (D) and PDIP (P).
● Enhanced Replacement for UC3842A Family
With Pin-to-Pin Compatibility
● 1-MHz Operation
● 50-μA Standby Current, 100-μA Maximum
● Low Operating Current of 2.3 mA at 52 kHz
● Fast 35-ns Cycle-by-Cycle Overcurrent
● ±1-A Peak Output Current
● Rail-to-Rail Output Swings with 25-ns Rise
and 20-ns Fall Times
● ±1% Initial Trimmed 2.5-V Error Amplifier
● Trimmed Oscillator Discharge Current
● New Under Voltage Lockout Versions
● MSOP-8 Package Minimizes Board Space
● Switch-Mode Power Supplies
● dc-to-dc Converters
● Board Mount Power Modules
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.