The µPC1830 is a filter-containing video chroma, synchronizing signal processing LSI compatible with the NTSC/PAL system. A decoder which converts composite video or separate Y/C video signals into a brightness signal and a color difference signal and outputs the result, and a matrix which comprises independent brightness signal/color difference signal input pins are integrated on one chip.
Decoder output can be used to drive an A/D converter; it is appropriate for picture-in-picture screen signal processing and multimedia boards.
• Contains a trap filter, band-pass filter, delay line, and color difference output low-pass filter.
Peripheral parts can be drastically reduced.
• Low power consumption
Appropriate for use with digital boards because of 5-V single power supply operation.
• DC control for user adjustment pins
Centralized control can be performed by a microcontroller.
• One chip compatible with both NTSC and PAL systems
Boards common to NTSC and PAL systems can be easily constructed.
• S pin input
Supports composite and separate Y/C video signal inputs.
• Demodulation ratio/demodulation angle change (matrix)
Demodulation ratio/demodulation angle can be selected in response to the NTSC or PAL system.
• Contains color difference tint control
Fine adjustment of the demodulation axis can be made for both the NTSC and PAL systems.