The W78E516B is an 8-bit microcontroller which has an in-system programmable Flash EPROM for firmware updating. The instruction set of the W78E516B is fully compatible with the standard 8052. The W78E516B contains a 64K bytes of main Flash EPROM and a 4K bytes of auxiliary Flash EPROM which allows the contents of the 64KB main Flash EPROM to be updated by the loader program located at the 4KB auxiliary Flash EPROM ROM; 512 bytes of on-chip RAM; four 8-bit bidirectional and bit-addressable I/O ports; an additional4-bit port P4; three 16-bit timer/counters; a serial port. These peripherals are supported by a eight sources two-level interrupt capability.
• Fully static design 8-bit CMOS microcontroller up to 40 MHz.
• 64K bytes of in-system programmable Flash EPROM for Application Program (APROM).
• 4K bytes of auxiliary Flash EPROM for Loader Program (LDROM).
• 512 bytes of on-chip RAM. (including 256 bytes of AUX-RAM, software selectable)
• 64K bytes program memory address space and 64K bytes data memory address space.
• Four 8-bit bi-directional ports.
• One 4-bit multipurpose programmable port.
• Three 16-bit timer/counters
• One full duplex serial port
• Six-sources, two-level interrupt capability
• Built-in power management
• Code protection
• Packaged in
− Lead Free (ROHS) DIP 40: W78E516B40DL
−Lead Free (ROHS) PLCC 44: W78E516B40PL
−Lead Free (ROHS) PQFP 44: W78E516B40FL